Lori creates characters for her stories; she wants them to come alive and her paintings are to mesmerize the observer. Her genre is landscapes, seascapes, nature, waves, mixed media, and illustrations for a published children’s book.
Her paintings are exhibited in Congressman Panetta’s office, Assembly Member Anna Caballero. She has been juried in the Los Gatos Art Gallery in November 2018. Lori did the first Art/Talk in December 2018 at the Steinbeck Library/Museum which her paintings will be exhibited. She was juried in the Avery Gallery in Seaside and placed Honorable Mention for her photography.
She is a member of the Salinas Valley Art Association and on the Board as Publicity Director, Central Coast Association, Los Gatos Art Association, San Luis Obispo Art Museum, Santa Cruz Art League and Tahoe Art League.
She plans to participate in several local and international exhibits. She has many years of experience and enjoys all mediums.
Lori loves Lake Tahoe, New Zealand, and Carmel. Her greatest joys besides her passion to paint and to write are being a wife, mother, and grandmother. Lori loves the mystery to find stories in everything and everywhere.
In the midst of a writing project, she likes researching for plots…her mind dazzles with ideas. Writing inspires her painting, and painting inspires her writing. Lori believes that painting and writing together is a love story.
“I Live to Create and Create to Live”!
National Oil & Acrylic Painters Society
National League of American Pen Women Inc.
The artwork below represents what is currently available for sale in the Reflections Elegante Fine Art Gallery.
Hover over any image for the title and price of the artwork. Click on any art piece to get more info about the art piece.
- An Award-winning artist. Enjoys painting landscapes, seascapes, nature, and creating murder scenes within a painting. Loves to create paintings to “Tell the Tale”.
- Illustrator for children’s book “An Adventure with Joshua and Rocky the Otter”.
- Owner and Curator for the Reflections Elegante Fine Art Gallery in Willow Glen, San Jose, CA.
- A member of the Salinas Valley Art Association. Her paintings are being exhibited in Assembly Member Anna Caballero Art Exhibit and Congressman Jimmy Panetta.
- Publicity Director with the Salinas Valley Art Association.
- Juried into the Wargin Winery Art Exhibit.
- Juried into the Lake Tahoe Art Guild Exhibit won First Place.
- Juried into the Los Gatos Art Gallery.
- Juried into the Avery Gallery placed Honorable Mention.
- Talk and Art at Steinbeck Library Museum. Artwork exhibited in Steinbeck Library.
- Paintings exhibited in local restaurants.
- “Reflections” novel; an award-winning screenplay. In production for film to be released in 2019.
- “Reflections” screenplay has won 39 awards inclusive of film competition and contest awards as Best Thriller.
- Author of three books; a novel (thriller) “Reflections” and two (children’s books), “An Adventure with Joshua and Hoppy Frog” and “An Adventure with Joshua and Rocky the Otter”.
- Featured author in a two-page article in the “Women of Distinction Magazine” 2017.
- Radio interview by Dr. Carol Francis, Hollywood, California.
- Former winner of the International Library of Poets for the Best Poems and Poets of 2007. Poems published in The Poetry Gems 2000 and Halcyon Days 2002.
- Articles have appeared in The Carmel Pine, The Monterey News and Views, and The Monterey Poetry Review Magazine.
- Co-founder and Publicist for the Monterey Poetry Review magazine; established 4,500 circulations for three counties. Editor for the magazine.
- Member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators.
- Member of the International Women’s Writing Guild.